Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Free Accounting Software for Freelancers

As a freelance artist, I don't need a full blown, expensive accounting software program. For years, I have use Express Accounts for free. As long as I certified that I was using it for a business with fewer than 5 employees I could use it for free. Well, today I opened it and tried to post income received and got a pop-up telling me I had to purchase the full blown version for $99 with no way around it.

I was upset, to say the least. Thus began my hunt for a new accounting program that I could use. The one I decided to go with is Manager. It's totally free, has great customization and lets me record income and expenses, accounts, etc. and generate an income statement for tax purposes. It's exactly what I needed. It may suit your needs, too. You can download it here.

http://www.manager.io/desktop/download

Needless to say, I uninstalled Express Accounts after printing out an income statement and transferring the transaction information to my new Manager program. Freelancers have to cut costs wherever we can and Manager let's me do just that. Thank you Manager developers.

No comments:

Post a Comment