Monday, February 28, 2011

Draw Plus X4

While I'm still waiting for Voc. Rehab. to get my new computer with Adobe Creative Suite 5, I thought it would be a good idea to get as much practice as I can in the meantime. I recently purchased Draw Plus X4, at a discounted rate, and am very impressed with it. It does vector drawings and a full range of more creative brushes and effects. In fact, I was surprised to learn that Illustrator only has a pen and pencil. It really is geared more toward hard edge (node) type drawing. When I do get illustrator I will use it for the .AI format that is the industry standard but I will use Draw Plus and Corel Painter to get the wide range of drawing tools I like. Call me old fashioned but I just don't like the tedious aspect of drawing lines and geometric shapes and bending them to get what I want, except in the case of doing technical drawings. When straight edges and precision are required then working with lines, curves, and the node tool are the best way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment