Saturday, September 25, 2010

First Illustration

Finished the tutorials for the Bamboo pen and Corel Painter Essentials 4. Jumped right in to create my first illustration with it. I started with a pen & ink drawing that I had from my days as an illustrator at Tinker Air Force Base. It was originally a design that we used for the annual Oktoberfest celebration we used to do. Great memories, by the way. Anyway, I imported a jpeg of that and then used all kinds of tools on it; marker, chalk, hoses, scratch board tool, etc. The end result turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. My processor is a little too slow for this program so I had trouble switching back and forth between layers but that won't be a problem when I get the new computer. Voc. Rehab. is sending me the papers to sign and then I will be on my way to the next step in meeting with their tech. people to work out the details. It's a slow process but it will be so worth it to be able to work in vector files and be competitive in my market. Any tips or suggestions from more seasoned freelance digital illustrators would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment